Sunday, March 15, 2015

Netflix marathon

I know I'm not the first to do it. Honestly, I'm really not a TV watcher. I have a hard time staying focused through a lot of movies. But Thursday I was REALLY sick (as in, the unable to read/watch TV/anything else even if I wanted to kind) and I've been tired and under the weather since then (along with my husband), so yesterday, being the free day it was, it just sort of... happened. I don't know the last time I saw five episodes of a TV show in one day! Probably in the third grade when I was home sick or something. Anyway, I'm not proud of it, but I don't feel guilty either. That said...I feel like a lot of people champion things like binge-watching TV or eating tons of junk food because a person "deserves" it. While there may be a time and place for these things, as I would like to think this weekend was, I don't think they're something worthy of championing. It's an indulgence, and since being sedentary and eating junk food aren't good for people, I strongly disagree with the sentiment that anyone "deserves" them. Let's just enjoy as an occasional treat and champion people for things that actually require effort and self mastery, shall we? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment