Saturday, March 14, 2015

Because...who doesn't love food?


Is it just me, or have recipe books basically become obsolete? I see all these collections of recipes compiled nicely into books, displayed on store bookshelves... but I really never use them. I own a few recipe books and I cook all the time, but when I want a recipe for something that isn't on my tablet's database already, I go to the internet! Allrecipes, eatingwell, yummly--plus there are a million food blogs out there, and with thousands of options for how to make a chicken pot pie, my motivation to go digging through a book for one recipe is pretty low. Modern convenience or a dying art form?

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way Laura! My mom has started a project where she goes through all of her cookbooks and copies out the recipes she likes to condense from a library of cook books to just a binder. Those that are family favorites she puts in a shared google doc folder so we can all access them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's smart. I'm about at that point now because my database is clogging up my memory on this thing!

    ReplyDelete