Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Walking Dead


My fiancé happens to be a huge fan of this show.

One day he turned it on and I decided to watch it with him.

He's studying psychology, which is also an interest of mine, so we had fun analyzing it and picking apart the behavior of the different characters.

We went back to season 1, episode 1, so I could catch up and we could watch the whole thing together.

Four episodes later, I was reading for this media class when they SPECIFICALLY mentioned the Walking Dead as evidence that violence is infiltrating even the most popular media.

It's seen as totally okay.

No lie, when I watch it I literally cover my eyes for large portions because I don't actually enjoy watching people getting ripped apart.

But it made me second guess myself.

Am I allowing too much violence in my life? I wish there were shows like this out there with a bit less violence so a person could watch a good plot line without sacrificing their peace of mind.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment