Saturday, January 17, 2015

Reading with my Ears

I go through phases with audiobooks. Sometimes I listen to them for hours a day (walking to class, folding laundry, at the gym--not wasting the day away. Ain't nobody got time for that!) and sometimes I go months in between. The last two weeks I've been listening to the Mistborn trilogy.


I read these books a few years ago, but they're one of those series that is so engrossing you read it too fast to remember what actually happened. They are SO GOOD!! I love how in the midst of world-shattering events and the fall of kingdoms and natural disasters, the characters go through very real human moral conflicts and struggle with their relationships in very human ways. One moment the heroine is conquering armies, and the next she feels small and vulnerable and afraid of rejection by the man she loves.

The violence is pretty graphic, but all things considered, this is one of the best developed trilogies I've seen. Read. Heard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment