Sunday, April 5, 2015

General Conference

So I KNOW everyone is going to post about General Conference today... but how could we not?! It was such an awesome conference this month! I particularly loved the references to media that popped up in a few different places. One talk focused prominently on media use in church and how it distracts us from what is important, while another mentioned the valuable resources we have through media and how the way we use media will define us. I completely agree with this statement! I heard the sentiment in a quote somewhere (which I will now butcher) that we know our true character by the way we behave when no one is watching. I believe this is the crux of the media dilemma. So much of what we do is anonymous and unmonitored, and we define and create ourselves by how we use it. Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed the media references too! It's cool to see how applicable General Conference is to our lives/studies. The church is true! :)

    ReplyDelete